Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Very Model of a Singularitarian

If you've read this blog before, you know I like to go off on speculation regarding an eventual Singularity (where technical and trans-humanist trends accelerate asymptotically, eventually changing so fast that an event horizon is created and the very nature of our existence changes in a way that we cannot imagine).

Well, Cory Doctorow on his blog today highlighted a new tune, "I am the very model of a Singularitarian" (to the tune of "I am the very model of a Modern Major General"). It's great - give it a listen!
I am the very model of a Singularitarian
I'm combination Transhuman, Immortalist, Extropian,
Aggressively I'm changing all my body's biochemistry
Because my body's heritage is obsolete genetically,
Replacing all the cells each month it's here just temporarily
The pattern of my brain and body's where there's continuity,...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home