Thursday, April 07, 2005

Too Good To Last

Why is it that when something is really good, it ends? Usually right about the time I realize how really good it is.

Or does it just seem that way? Is it just a perverse perception? A "glass is half full" outlook on life?

Or is it that I sabotage myself? (Remember Woody Allen's "I'd never want to join any club that would have me as a member?" self loathing "I don't deserve success or happiness because I'm not a good enough person?" bs?)

Do we make our own reality - pick our path through our lives, given the multitude of choices available in a quantum multi-verse, and I just happen to like to pick paths that result in new challenges rather than happiness and contentment?

Or is it just that I can't appreciate how good something is without having some close temporal event that really sucks with which to contrast it?

And if so...What the fuck is wrong with me, anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home